Skip to main content

december

I just realized I haven't blogged for a month.  Last week I was sick, like didn't get out of bed for three days sick.  It was awful, but Simon and the kids were very helpful.  Because of that of Christmas fun I am behind in my blogging, so here is a recap of December.


Simon was gone for most of November.  He had three different business trips, it was kind of a whirlwind.  Auburn started asking everyday if Daddy was coming home.  So, last week I took the kids to Simon's new office to show them for Daddy works.  I think it helped.  They loved it!  Although I think their idea of what he actually does all day is a little off.  We have loved having Daddy home for the entire month of December.  Here they are snuggling while watching Bundesliga highlights on a Saturday afternoon.
                                   


Auburn has decided that she doesn't need naps anymore.  I still make her have "quiet time" every afternoon.  Every once in a while I find this.


This is just a cute picture of my little man sleeping in his Christmas jams.

I have been trying to do winter activities with the kids this month.  We made snowmen, went to a winter festival here in Munich called Tollwood and did crafts with friends.  We went downtown to look at the Steiff (famous German teddy bear) window displays and walk through a couple of Christmas markets.  This week I took them to the mall to see Santa Claus and do some more crafts.  Well, they saw the german Santa Claus, St. Nikolaus, and wanted nothing to do with him.  Conley screamed and Auburn didn't even want to shake his hand, maybe because he looked like this....


We stayed at the mall and made some gingerbread men crafts. The theme at the mall this year was Lebkuchen (gingerbread).





This is the best picture I got of the two of them.  


We wish you all a very Merry Christmas!!!!!


Comments

Bradley L. Hill said…
How delightful! Sorry you were ill.
SJ said…
That German Santa Clause looks like the St. Nicholas of Turkey from Brandon's report. I'm glad you took the kids to do some of those cultural activities. They may not be too thrilled now, but they can use all that info for reports down the road! Miss you!

Popular posts from this blog

It's a ......

We found out last past week that we are expecting .... a baby boy! We are super excited! I had a feeling ever since we found out that I was pregnant that would be having a boy. Auburn came to the ultrasound with us and repeatedly said "baby" while we looked at the screen. We are excited for her to have a little brother. We just need to start thinking of baby boy names ....

Auburn's blessing

On Sunday, November 23rd, Simon was able to bless our precious little Auburn. Grandpa and Grandma Hill were able to be here for the blessing. I know that Papi and Grandma Little wished they could of been here as well. We had an earlier visit from the Littles when Auby was just a few weeks old. Grandma Hill made her beautiful dress and Grandma Perkins made her blanket. This weekend we had our first snowfall. The temperature was frigid and there was still snow on the ground. It still turned out to be a wonderful day. Auburn was her perfect little self. She didn't cry at all and her Daddy gave her a beautiful blessing. We are so blessed to have her in our lives!

Introducing.....

Conley Berendt Born May 7th at 5:00 pm 4.1 kilos (9 lbs) 59 cm (23.2 inches) We feel very blessed and humbled to have another sweet child come to our family.