Skip to main content

athens - part II

After I booked my ticket to Athens, Simon started looking at the soccer schedule in Greece.  He found a weekend a month after me where he could see three of the top Greece teams in the same weekend, his birthday weekend.  So, he decided to go to Athens.  After what happened during my trip I am glad that we went separate and kept the kids out of there.  So, during his trip there were no strikes, except that the games that he wanted to go to were either cancelled or close to spectators due to violence.  Poor guy.  He found one game of a lower division team playing from a man staying in his hostel that came to Athens for the same reasons he did.  Apparently at the end of the game there was some violence and the police used tear gas.  Simon was far ahead of the disturbance, but turned around took a picture and then started to cry.  He said it literally made him cry and it smelled awful.
I am glad that he is home safe and sound.  We both had a great time in Athens, but I don't think we will be returning anytime soon.

tear gas
                                      


The Acropolis and the ocean from Filopappou Hill.

delicious gyros








                                      
                               
  My handsome hubby
                                     







The Olympic grounds                        
 

Comments

Callie said…
Hi Jodi! Okay, so we've never actually met, but I'm a Hill. I'm married to Simon's cousin, Brian (Brad's brother Dave's son). So I guess we are distantly related! :)

Anyways, I've been looking at your blog and am AMAZED at all the travel you've done and with your little ones. I would love to talk to you and get your take (and your tips) on traveling with kids. We've got a 9 month old and a 2 1/2 year old. Would you be willing to email me and maybe we can swap info to skype or something? :)

Thanks so much! Hope to hear from you soon!
Callie said…
Whoops, callieannhill at gmail dot come

Popular posts from this blog

It's a ......

We found out last past week that we are expecting .... a baby boy! We are super excited! I had a feeling ever since we found out that I was pregnant that would be having a boy. Auburn came to the ultrasound with us and repeatedly said "baby" while we looked at the screen. We are excited for her to have a little brother. We just need to start thinking of baby boy names ....

Auburn's blessing

On Sunday, November 23rd, Simon was able to bless our precious little Auburn. Grandpa and Grandma Hill were able to be here for the blessing. I know that Papi and Grandma Little wished they could of been here as well. We had an earlier visit from the Littles when Auby was just a few weeks old. Grandma Hill made her beautiful dress and Grandma Perkins made her blanket. This weekend we had our first snowfall. The temperature was frigid and there was still snow on the ground. It still turned out to be a wonderful day. Auburn was her perfect little self. She didn't cry at all and her Daddy gave her a beautiful blessing. We are so blessed to have her in our lives!

Introducing.....

Conley Berendt Born May 7th at 5:00 pm 4.1 kilos (9 lbs) 59 cm (23.2 inches) We feel very blessed and humbled to have another sweet child come to our family.