Skip to main content

happy

I have been really happy lately. Not that I am not normally happy, but lately I have been extra happy, content. I have lots of reasons to be happy. These are just a few that come to mind...

Spring- Munich has an awful, cold, dark winter, and I am so grateful that it is over. Spring has started and the sunshine and warmer temperatures had made being outside so wonderful. We have been spending a lot more time outside and it feels good.

my hair - I just cut four inches off of my hair, and it is wonderful! I was in desperate need of a new hairstyle. I don't feel like a frumpy Frau anymore.

friends - I have made some wonderful friends here. It has been really important for me to have good friends here being so far away from family.

family - Within the next couple of months we will get to see our parents and every sibling and respective spouse, niece and nephew from both sides! Awesome, it is just awesome.


Simon - he always makes me happy, but he hasn't had to travel hardly at all this year (except for that crazy week and a half in Feb). I like having him home.

my kids -I have really good kids. Don't get me wrong, we have tantrums and bad days, but over all they are very well behaved. They are just fun and make me happy. I am grateful that I can stay home with them.

(apparently cars are more exciting than the camera)



Oh, and I have a delicious chocolate cake waiting for me, that always makes me happy!

Comments

faith said…
All definitely things to be happy about! Now when are you going to put a picture of your hair up? :)
Boyd Box said…
Ditto to Faith!
I love getting those extra bursts of pure joy. It always makes me think I'm getting a big hug from up Above.

Popular posts from this blog

It's a ......

We found out last past week that we are expecting .... a baby boy! We are super excited! I had a feeling ever since we found out that I was pregnant that would be having a boy. Auburn came to the ultrasound with us and repeatedly said "baby" while we looked at the screen. We are excited for her to have a little brother. We just need to start thinking of baby boy names ....

Auburn's blessing

On Sunday, November 23rd, Simon was able to bless our precious little Auburn. Grandpa and Grandma Hill were able to be here for the blessing. I know that Papi and Grandma Little wished they could of been here as well. We had an earlier visit from the Littles when Auby was just a few weeks old. Grandma Hill made her beautiful dress and Grandma Perkins made her blanket. This weekend we had our first snowfall. The temperature was frigid and there was still snow on the ground. It still turned out to be a wonderful day. Auburn was her perfect little self. She didn't cry at all and her Daddy gave her a beautiful blessing. We are so blessed to have her in our lives!

Introducing.....

Conley Berendt Born May 7th at 5:00 pm 4.1 kilos (9 lbs) 59 cm (23.2 inches) We feel very blessed and humbled to have another sweet child come to our family.