Auburn loves books! Since she was only 3 months old she would sit and watch you turn the pages of a book. A few months ago she figured out how to turn the pages on her own. She thought she was pretty clever. Now that she is crawling, she will find a stack of her books, pull all of them down and flip through them one by one. At the end of the day I find every single book on the ground and open to a different page. I hope that she will always love books!
Auburn has been asking me to teach her to read. So, I decided to try and just see what would happen. She just barely turned four and I didn't want to push her, but she was excited so we started. I am also not a fan of German Kindergarten (preschool here) and I know that she needed some extra stimulation. Thank heavens for the internet and a knowledgeable sister-in-law. We have been doing word family crafts, a sight word caterpillar and working on phonics. There are so many wonderful resources out there to make learning to read fun. She is really reading now and loves it. She picks up books and reads the words she knows and asks us for the ones she doesn't know. She is sounding words out and totally amazes me. Right now she will read to anyone that will sit down with her. reading to Uncle Seth and Conley This is a common scene at our house, and makes me so happy.
Comments
Grandpa Hill