Skip to main content

Florida

Auburn and I were able to go back to Florida to visit my family for a reunion. Simon stayed in Germany and worked. The flights were a little crazy. Flying with a baby internationally by yourself is a little stressful, somehow though, we survived. Auburn did great on the planes and switched her schedule pretty quickly on both ends.




Auburn and I actually spent a whole week in Orlando before the reunion started. We spent the time with my parents, my brother Kyle and his wife, who live in Orlando, and my sister Carrie, who was in between semesters at BYUI. We spent most of the time shopping, swimming or at the beach. My brother Brent, his wife and their three girls came down later. We also stopped off in Jacksonville for a day and a half to see some friends and do some business. I forgot to take pictures in Jax, I was just having such a good time catching up with people. We missed Simon a lot! It was nice to be able to see all of my family. We had a great time!



Grandma and Papi's swimming pool.
Auburn had the entire pool to herself before her cousins came.
Grandma Hill was even able to come out from California for a few days before the reunion to see Auburn. Sadly, we didn't get to see Grandpa Hill, but hopefully we can soon!
As my sister-in-law put it, the original Little clan.
My nieces, the princesses of the castle.
Auby and Abi creating sandcastles
Kelly Park
It was a nice little river run with a sandy beach and little pool for the kids to play in.
Auburn and her cousins
We had a hard time getting all of the kids to sit still and look at the camera.


Auby chillin at the beach Papi


Auburn snuggling with Grandma Little

My family (missing my hubby)

Comments

Bradley L. Hill said…
Jodi,
Thanks for keeping everyone up to date, from across the continent and across the Atlantic. You could have a future career in journalism!

Pacific Coast Grandpa & Grandma
Peggy said…
What an amazing trip!!! Wish I could have been there to see you all!!! Auby is so beautiful!!!
Miss you tons!!!!
Love,
Auntie Peggy
SJ said…
I loved all the pictures. Wish we could have joined you! Looks like you had a great time.
SJ said…
time for another update Jodi!

Popular posts from this blog

It's a ......

We found out last past week that we are expecting .... a baby boy! We are super excited! I had a feeling ever since we found out that I was pregnant that would be having a boy. Auburn came to the ultrasound with us and repeatedly said "baby" while we looked at the screen. We are excited for her to have a little brother. We just need to start thinking of baby boy names ....

Auburn's blessing

On Sunday, November 23rd, Simon was able to bless our precious little Auburn. Grandpa and Grandma Hill were able to be here for the blessing. I know that Papi and Grandma Little wished they could of been here as well. We had an earlier visit from the Littles when Auby was just a few weeks old. Grandma Hill made her beautiful dress and Grandma Perkins made her blanket. This weekend we had our first snowfall. The temperature was frigid and there was still snow on the ground. It still turned out to be a wonderful day. Auburn was her perfect little self. She didn't cry at all and her Daddy gave her a beautiful blessing. We are so blessed to have her in our lives!

Introducing.....

Conley Berendt Born May 7th at 5:00 pm 4.1 kilos (9 lbs) 59 cm (23.2 inches) We feel very blessed and humbled to have another sweet child come to our family.