Skip to main content

Swimming



We took off to Fasaneriesee (a lake in Munich) on Saturday to take Auburn swimming for the first time. We finally had weather that was nice enough to swim outside. The lake was actually close enough to our house that Simon could ride his bike. Auburn loved the water. It was a little cold, but she didn't seem to mind at all. It was so fun to see her have this new experience.












Comments

Emily said…
Wow, What happened? How did Simon get Auburn to like the water? She's so cute and looks so happy. Hope you're enjoying your stay in the states, when are you coming home by the way?
PMick said…
Okay, it is settled. You guys live the coolest lives of any one I know. And to top it off, little Auburn to share it with. I need to be better at keeping up.
BTW, baby girl to come at the end of December!!
Nathan said…
Wow. Auburn is getting so big! Maybe she will learn how to swim underwater and you take a picture like the famous Nirvana album cover?

Popular posts from this blog

Prague

So this week Simon's parents were in town visiting, and we decided to take a little weekend trip. The night before we left we decided on Prague. None of us had ever been there, we didn't have to drive over the Alps, and it was relatively close only about 3 and half hours away. Before we left we had to make sure that the rental car could drive to the Czech Republic, because apparently not all rental cars can, they have to be a certain type. I still don't know why. To make our adventure even crazier, the bag with Simon and my stuff in it somehow didn't make into the car. We did not make this discovery until we were at our hotel. Luckily, Auby's stuff made it and we had our coats and gloves. We did however, miss our thermals it was very cold. I'm sorry that there aren't more pictures of Auburn. She was bundled up in her stroller. Prague is a really neat city and has a lot to explore. Here are some of pictures..... St. Nicholas Church, where Mozart once played t...

reading

Auburn has been asking me to teach her to read.  So, I decided to try and just see what would happen.  She just barely turned four and I didn't want to push her, but she was excited so we started.  I am also not a fan of German Kindergarten (preschool here) and I know that she needed some extra stimulation.  Thank heavens for the internet and a knowledgeable sister-in-law.  We have been doing word family crafts, a sight word caterpillar and working on phonics.  There are so many wonderful resources out there to make learning to read fun.  She is really reading now and loves it.  She picks up books and reads the words she knows and asks us for the ones she doesn't know.  She is sounding words out and totally amazes me.  Right now she will read to anyone that will sit down with her.  reading to Uncle Seth and Conley  This is a common scene at our house, and makes me so happy.

movie of our trip to Mexico

Simon made a video of our trip to Mexico, Guatemala and Belize. Since I haven't gotten around to posting about the rest of our trip (that happened a year ago), I am just going to post the link to the movie on youtube.  Hope you enjoy!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLnUgh7HfbM