Skip to main content

Happy Birthday!

Can you believe it has already been a year? It has just flown by for us! We are so excited to celebrate our little girl's first birthday! We feel so grateful to have her in our lives and just love watching her grow and develop.

Since we live so far away from family, we decided to have a small party with just the three of us.


Thank you for the gifts Grandma Little and Papi, Grandma and Grandpa Hill and Tanya.
I love them!


Auburn's first word after Dad and Mom was duck. She loves ducks. I attempted to make a cake that looked like a duck. I realized that I am not a cake decorator, but at least Auburn recognized what it was without promting.

You mean I can really make a mess?


This is kind of fun!


The final mess.
She didn't really like the cake. She has never had sugar before and so it was a little much for her. At least she had fun!


Happy Birthday Auby!

Comments

faith said…
good work on the cake. i think it looks great!
Bradley L. Hill said…
Thank you SO much for posting these! We really like the cake!
Ashley Hall said…
How cute! I'm so impressed with the cake. You did a great job. I'm also so impressed that she's never had sugar before. I try to feed Kayley really healthily, but she's definitely had some tastes of sugar before. Can you believe our baby girls are 1?? :)
Peggy said…
Happiest Birthday Auby!!!! She is adorable and obviously well loved!!!
I LOVE the duck cake!!!
Oh my goodness! Somehow I missed this when it was new-time is flying! (I can't believe your little girl has never had sugar!) Miss you!

Popular posts from this blog

It's a ......

We found out last past week that we are expecting .... a baby boy! We are super excited! I had a feeling ever since we found out that I was pregnant that would be having a boy. Auburn came to the ultrasound with us and repeatedly said "baby" while we looked at the screen. We are excited for her to have a little brother. We just need to start thinking of baby boy names ....

Auburn's blessing

On Sunday, November 23rd, Simon was able to bless our precious little Auburn. Grandpa and Grandma Hill were able to be here for the blessing. I know that Papi and Grandma Little wished they could of been here as well. We had an earlier visit from the Littles when Auby was just a few weeks old. Grandma Hill made her beautiful dress and Grandma Perkins made her blanket. This weekend we had our first snowfall. The temperature was frigid and there was still snow on the ground. It still turned out to be a wonderful day. Auburn was her perfect little self. She didn't cry at all and her Daddy gave her a beautiful blessing. We are so blessed to have her in our lives!

Introducing.....

Conley Berendt Born May 7th at 5:00 pm 4.1 kilos (9 lbs) 59 cm (23.2 inches) We feel very blessed and humbled to have another sweet child come to our family.