Simon looked at the blog yesterday when we got home from our trip and laughed when he saw that Ireland was the last post. Obviously, I haven't blogged for awhile, and I think I have some pretty good excuses. We have been in Thailand for the past two and a half weeks and things were a little busy before that. We are going through all of our hundreds of pictures so it might take me a little bit before I get the pictures of our trip up. In the meanwhile, I will try to get caught up with what happened in between!
Auburn has been asking me to teach her to read. So, I decided to try and just see what would happen. She just barely turned four and I didn't want to push her, but she was excited so we started. I am also not a fan of German Kindergarten (preschool here) and I know that she needed some extra stimulation. Thank heavens for the internet and a knowledgeable sister-in-law. We have been doing word family crafts, a sight word caterpillar and working on phonics. There are so many wonderful resources out there to make learning to read fun. She is really reading now and loves it. She picks up books and reads the words she knows and asks us for the ones she doesn't know. She is sounding words out and totally amazes me. Right now she will read to anyone that will sit down with her. reading to Uncle Seth and Conley This is a common scene at our house, and makes me so happy.
Comments
Glad you're back safe and sound...I can't wait to hear all about it!