Skip to main content

Auburn update

I really meant to write an update when Auburn turned 18 months, but somehow it just never happened. Now she is 19 and half months old. Here are a few of her (and our) favorite things:


She likes to call Daddy. She will pick up any phone and say "Dad" and then tell him about her day. She sometimes gets upset when I am on the phone and it is not Simon. Apparently, once when I was gone she called me.

She now asks for soccer games and the ball.

She will bring you her blanket and saw "snuggle" (we both love this!)

She asks Simon to "tackle" her. He throws her in the air and she just laughs and laughs.

She loves her bears and dolls. She started feeding them her sippy and crackers and has asked to put a diaper on them. I didn't think this would happen until after the baby was born, but I was wrong.

Her new favorite songs include: Wheels on the Bus, 5 Speckled Frogs and If your Happy and You Know it. She does the actions and will ask for each of them by name. She will even have her dolls and bears do the actions as well.

She still loves the swings, slides and now playing in the sand.

She has become very independent. I hear "self" a lot these days. She wants to eat, drink from a big girl cup and walk by herself.

She is a very good helper and will help clean up.

She helps me cook (she stirs and plays with the bowls while I cook). The other day I asked her what she was doing and she said "help dinner". I asked her what she was making and she told me "pasta". I guess that is her favorite.

When she really likes some food she says "yummy".

Simon speaks only Spanish with her and her Spanish is coming along really well. In fact sometimes I have to ask him what she is saying if I haven't heard him use the word before. I guess I need to learn Spanish.

She still loves books and repeats almost everything. Her vocabulary grows everyday, it just amazes me.



We just love her so much and are so grateful for our Auburn! I have been meaning to put up some new pictures of her, I just have to take them first.

Comments

SJ said…
Oh how I wish I were there to play with her and give her big squeezes. Next time we call we'll be ready to sing!
Bradley L. Hill said…
Thank you! Thank you! You're such a good chronicler!

Popular posts from this blog

It's a ......

We found out last past week that we are expecting .... a baby boy! We are super excited! I had a feeling ever since we found out that I was pregnant that would be having a boy. Auburn came to the ultrasound with us and repeatedly said "baby" while we looked at the screen. We are excited for her to have a little brother. We just need to start thinking of baby boy names ....

Auburn's blessing

On Sunday, November 23rd, Simon was able to bless our precious little Auburn. Grandpa and Grandma Hill were able to be here for the blessing. I know that Papi and Grandma Little wished they could of been here as well. We had an earlier visit from the Littles when Auby was just a few weeks old. Grandma Hill made her beautiful dress and Grandma Perkins made her blanket. This weekend we had our first snowfall. The temperature was frigid and there was still snow on the ground. It still turned out to be a wonderful day. Auburn was her perfect little self. She didn't cry at all and her Daddy gave her a beautiful blessing. We are so blessed to have her in our lives!

Introducing.....

Conley Berendt Born May 7th at 5:00 pm 4.1 kilos (9 lbs) 59 cm (23.2 inches) We feel very blessed and humbled to have another sweet child come to our family.