Two weeks ago Conley had food for the first time. We started with rice cereal and have since moved to carrots, zucchini, potatoes and apples. Auburn is really excited that he is eating real food. The first night she wanted to help feed him and now really likes setting a place for him when she sets the table. I really thought Conley would love solid food, but so far I think he just tolerates it. Zucchini seems to be the favorite so far. He loves sitting in his highchair and being with the family during mealtime.
Auburn has been asking me to teach her to read. So, I decided to try and just see what would happen. She just barely turned four and I didn't want to push her, but she was excited so we started. I am also not a fan of German Kindergarten (preschool here) and I know that she needed some extra stimulation. Thank heavens for the internet and a knowledgeable sister-in-law. We have been doing word family crafts, a sight word caterpillar and working on phonics. There are so many wonderful resources out there to make learning to read fun. She is really reading now and loves it. She picks up books and reads the words she knows and asks us for the ones she doesn't know. She is sounding words out and totally amazes me. Right now she will read to anyone that will sit down with her. reading to Uncle Seth and Conley This is a common scene at our house, and makes me so happy.
Comments