A few weeks ago we went a wedding for some friends of ours. The wedding was in Augsburg, which about an hour from here. It was in a beautiful room in the town hall and then we had a delicous, fancy lunch at a restaurant. We had a great day and we are grateful that our children were well-behaved throughout the celebrations. We snapped a few good pictures with the kids, enjoy.
Auburn has been asking me to teach her to read. So, I decided to try and just see what would happen. She just barely turned four and I didn't want to push her, but she was excited so we started. I am also not a fan of German Kindergarten (preschool here) and I know that she needed some extra stimulation. Thank heavens for the internet and a knowledgeable sister-in-law. We have been doing word family crafts, a sight word caterpillar and working on phonics. There are so many wonderful resources out there to make learning to read fun. She is really reading now and loves it. She picks up books and reads the words she knows and asks us for the ones she doesn't know. She is sounding words out and totally amazes me. Right now she will read to anyone that will sit down with her. reading to Uncle Seth and Conley This is a common scene at our house, and makes me so happy.
Comments