Simon has a work assignment in the US for a few months and so we are all headed to Miami. I really couldn't be happier about spending some winter months in the warm Florida sun and seeing my family. The kids are thrilled, it's all they can talk about. They started to call it "Your-ami" playing on my and your. It is pretty cute. We will update everyone when the kids and I meet Simon later this week.
Auburn has been asking me to teach her to read. So, I decided to try and just see what would happen. She just barely turned four and I didn't want to push her, but she was excited so we started. I am also not a fan of German Kindergarten (preschool here) and I know that she needed some extra stimulation. Thank heavens for the internet and a knowledgeable sister-in-law. We have been doing word family crafts, a sight word caterpillar and working on phonics. There are so many wonderful resources out there to make learning to read fun. She is really reading now and loves it. She picks up books and reads the words she knows and asks us for the ones she doesn't know. She is sounding words out and totally amazes me. Right now she will read to anyone that will sit down with her. reading to Uncle Seth and Conley This is a common scene at our house, and makes me so happy.
Comments