Skip to main content

Miami




At last, Miami.  I didn't blog at all while we were there.  It was partly because the weather was so wonderful that you just wanted to be outside and the other part was because I was sick, so very sick.  We found I was expecting the day before Simon left for Miami (which was a week before us).  He graciously took a million bags and pounds so that I wouldn't have to really lift anything, what a sweetheart.  Luckily, because he has flown a few hundred thousand miles for work, he can do this without extra charges.

We spent the first week at the beach at a hotel.  The night before we were suppose to move into our super awesome apartment on the 56th floor of this cool building on the bay, the guy bailed on us.  Incredibly bitter, especially since all the other options for housing were no longer valid, we finally found an apartment a week later in Coral Gables.  These are pictures of our first week on the beach.  What a nice break from freezing temperatures and snow!

We spent a great Thanksgiving with my family at my parents house.  I enjoyed it so much, that I forgot to take any pictures at all.  It was our first real Thanksgiving in four years.  My parents, who live in Orlando, also came after Christmas to celebrate with us, along with my sister.  It was great to have them and my kids loved having family nearby.  




Comments

brohill said…
Fabulous opportunity! Stunning photography!

Popular posts from this blog

It's a ......

We found out last past week that we are expecting .... a baby boy! We are super excited! I had a feeling ever since we found out that I was pregnant that would be having a boy. Auburn came to the ultrasound with us and repeatedly said "baby" while we looked at the screen. We are excited for her to have a little brother. We just need to start thinking of baby boy names ....

Auburn's blessing

On Sunday, November 23rd, Simon was able to bless our precious little Auburn. Grandpa and Grandma Hill were able to be here for the blessing. I know that Papi and Grandma Little wished they could of been here as well. We had an earlier visit from the Littles when Auby was just a few weeks old. Grandma Hill made her beautiful dress and Grandma Perkins made her blanket. This weekend we had our first snowfall. The temperature was frigid and there was still snow on the ground. It still turned out to be a wonderful day. Auburn was her perfect little self. She didn't cry at all and her Daddy gave her a beautiful blessing. We are so blessed to have her in our lives!

Introducing.....

Conley Berendt Born May 7th at 5:00 pm 4.1 kilos (9 lbs) 59 cm (23.2 inches) We feel very blessed and humbled to have another sweet child come to our family.