Skip to main content

Schliersee - for the last time


A few weeks ago during church, Simon nonchalantly leans over and tells me "Oh, by the way, we are taking a long weekend to Schliersee.  We are leaving Wednesday and coming home Sunday morning".  He knew for weeks, and I was totally surprised.  I love when my husband surprises me.
  Schliersee is normally where we spend Christmas, but we missed it this year due to our long Miami trip.  We are really lucky that Simon's company has such great accommodations there. 
The first two days we had incredible weather.  We took the boat out on the lake and did some hiking.  The third day, Simon had to go back to Munich for work.  It rained the entire day he was gone.  The kids and I spent a lot of time in the playroom and I convinced them to take naps that day as well.  The last night we suffered from some food poisoning.  I am still not sure how or what was the culprit, but it was brutal.  Simon did not get sick for some reason.  He told me it was because he got sick while we were in Morocco.  Luckily it passed quickly, but I spent Mother's Day in bed recovering. 




The row boat on Lake Schliersee.  We even got a rainbow.


The next day we hiked up to get a view of the lake.  
Simon at the top.

Auburn and Conley along the way.


I am really grateful that they enjoying hiking and being outdoors.
  

Days like these make me very sentimental and sad about leaving this beautiful place.  It was really nice to be able to visit one last time before we leave.  Besides the sickness, it was a great weekend spent with my loved ones in an incredible setting.

Comments

Bradley L. Hill said…
I am also feeling nostalgic about your closing chapter in Europe. I'm sure it will be followed by new, different adventures.

Popular posts from this blog

It's a ......

We found out last past week that we are expecting .... a baby boy! We are super excited! I had a feeling ever since we found out that I was pregnant that would be having a boy. Auburn came to the ultrasound with us and repeatedly said "baby" while we looked at the screen. We are excited for her to have a little brother. We just need to start thinking of baby boy names ....

Auburn's blessing

On Sunday, November 23rd, Simon was able to bless our precious little Auburn. Grandpa and Grandma Hill were able to be here for the blessing. I know that Papi and Grandma Little wished they could of been here as well. We had an earlier visit from the Littles when Auby was just a few weeks old. Grandma Hill made her beautiful dress and Grandma Perkins made her blanket. This weekend we had our first snowfall. The temperature was frigid and there was still snow on the ground. It still turned out to be a wonderful day. Auburn was her perfect little self. She didn't cry at all and her Daddy gave her a beautiful blessing. We are so blessed to have her in our lives!

Introducing.....

Conley Berendt Born May 7th at 5:00 pm 4.1 kilos (9 lbs) 59 cm (23.2 inches) We feel very blessed and humbled to have another sweet child come to our family.