Skip to main content

Auburn update

Auburn has changed so much in the last month. I can't believe that in a week she will be 10 months old. The time has gone so quickly.

For 3 months, the only word we heard was "dada", and she finally learned how to say "mama". Although she usually only says "mama" when she is upset or wants something., and we hear a lot of "dada" when she is happy.

She has finally figured out how to use her legs to help her crawl. For awhile she would drag herself across the floor with her arms. She loves the freedom and chance to explore that crawling gives her.

Auburn loves to clap her hands! She is always giving her self a round of applause. It mainly happens when she is eating, especially if she is feeding herself. Sometimes Simon gets a round of applause when he gets home from work.

She will give kisses and thinks is is pretty funny. Her kisses are usually more of an open mouth slobber. We love them though! She also thinks is it funny to make noises when we go over cobblestone in her stroller, so that her voice will vibrate.

We just love our little girl! Here are some of the latest pictures. I am a little late in putting them up. These were taken last month.














Comments

SJ said…
She is so cute! I wish I could fly out to FL just to give her a squeeze and get a slobbery kiss.
Love the update! (especually the cobblestone part...how funny!)She is SOOOO BEAUTIFUL! She makes me want a little girl :)
Bradley L. Hill said…
Thank you for this new dose! Her poses always pep us up!
Stacy Pettersen said…
I think she and Annabelle would be great friends... they seem to be "in" to the same things. And yes, we love slobbery kisses too!

P.S. I went private with my blog and didn't have your email address to invite you. Email me (stacy.pettersen@gmail.com) and I'll send you the link!
Boyd Box said…
I love the first picture with her ability to turn her tongue over. That's talent (and apparently genetic, so who gets to claim that trait?)!
F said…
she's such a beautiful baby!!

Popular posts from this blog

reading

Auburn has been asking me to teach her to read.  So, I decided to try and just see what would happen.  She just barely turned four and I didn't want to push her, but she was excited so we started.  I am also not a fan of German Kindergarten (preschool here) and I know that she needed some extra stimulation.  Thank heavens for the internet and a knowledgeable sister-in-law.  We have been doing word family crafts, a sight word caterpillar and working on phonics.  There are so many wonderful resources out there to make learning to read fun.  She is really reading now and loves it.  She picks up books and reads the words she knows and asks us for the ones she doesn't know.  She is sounding words out and totally amazes me.  Right now she will read to anyone that will sit down with her.  reading to Uncle Seth and Conley  This is a common scene at our house, and makes me so happy.

Prague

So this week Simon's parents were in town visiting, and we decided to take a little weekend trip. The night before we left we decided on Prague. None of us had ever been there, we didn't have to drive over the Alps, and it was relatively close only about 3 and half hours away. Before we left we had to make sure that the rental car could drive to the Czech Republic, because apparently not all rental cars can, they have to be a certain type. I still don't know why. To make our adventure even crazier, the bag with Simon and my stuff in it somehow didn't make into the car. We did not make this discovery until we were at our hotel. Luckily, Auby's stuff made it and we had our coats and gloves. We did however, miss our thermals it was very cold. I'm sorry that there aren't more pictures of Auburn. She was bundled up in her stroller. Prague is a really neat city and has a lot to explore. Here are some of pictures..... St. Nicholas Church, where Mozart once played t...

movie of our trip to Mexico

Simon made a video of our trip to Mexico, Guatemala and Belize. Since I haven't gotten around to posting about the rest of our trip (that happened a year ago), I am just going to post the link to the movie on youtube.  Hope you enjoy!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLnUgh7HfbM